What's the number one thing you look for when you're searching for the perfect photographer? Is it price, style, location, personality, etc? If you've been looking for a photographer, you've probably realized that it can be a little overwhelming at times and I'm here to help you in your search with my 5 best tips on finding the perfect photographer.
1. Look for someone that has a style that matches what you are looking for. Do you want something trendy or timeless? Dark and moody, light and airy or something more traditional?
2. Look for someone that specializes in the type of photography you are looking for. Just because someone is a photographer does not mean that they are an expert in every genre. Newborns for example, take a lot of extra skill and training for handling babies and posing.
3. Find a photographer that you connect with. Every time you look at those photos you will remember the day you took them and how you felt. If you were uncomfortable, stressed, etc... then you will enjoy those photos less.
4. Determine what is most important to you. Do you want your family to have a fun experience or do you just want something that is lower cost but gets the job done?
5. Check out their reviews online. It's unrealistic to expect any business to have zero bad reviews but you can see how they respond to bad reviews. Pay attention to the things in common within the reviews. Are those the things YOU are looking for in a photographer?
I hope these little tips help you with your search. If you'd love to talk more about hiring me as your photographer then shoot me a message! I have a few available spots left for September, October and November and I would love to send you some more information to see if we'd be a great fit!