5 Tips To Prepare For Your Newborn Session
1) Layout your clothes a couple days before your session .This will ensure you have everything you need and will also remove any extra stretch the morning of your session.
2) Prepare the diaper bag with extra diapers, formula, pacifier (this is very important!), snacks, water.
3) The morning of your session undress your baby about an hour before the session and give him/her a relaxing bath. After the bath wrap them up in their diaper and a blanket but leave the clothes off, this will help keep them in a nice deep sleep for their session.
4) Once your little one is all wrapped up, you can nurse/feed them prior to leaving for your session but if they don't want to eat, do not stress!
5) Prepare to be pampered with hair and make up, we start with family portraits and then you can just hang out and relax while we do the work!
When you book a session with us, you will receive a prep guide before your session along with a checklist that you can print off to make sure you don't forget anything! We book maternity/newborn sessions during the first trimester. Newborns are best to photograph around 10-12 days so we need to make sure that you have secured your spot long before they arrive. Besides, who wants to worry about booking a newborn session when you are exhausted and tending to a new little human.